Sell with Confidence
Read More

Maintenance Requests & Emergency Repairs

Maintenance Requests

Hot Water

If you find you have no hot water there are a few steps you can take before we arrange for a plumber to attend. Find out if the hot water system is GAS or ELECTRIC?

If it is GAS; you will need to check if the pilot light is on, if it is turned off please read the instructions to try and re-light the pilot light, the instructions should be on a sticker on the hot water tank.

If it is ELECTRIC; please check the fuse box to see if the switch has tripped. If it is tripped switch it back to the ON position.

If all else fails, we will contact the owner to seek instructions from the landlord.

Toilet Leaks

If the toilet is leaking turn off the water at the back of the toilet.

Step 1 – Locate the water shutoff valve. It’s the line coming out of the wall behind the toilet.
Step 2 – There is a knob that turns to open and close the shutoff valve
Step 3 – If it’s an older valve that hasn’t been turned off lately the knob may not move smoothly.

Faulty Switches

Firstly, do not attempt to fix this yourself. Do not use the switch. Contact our office immediately.


If you have lost power please check if the safety switch has tripped, if so reset it.

If it trips again, unplug all appliances from their power points, then reset the switch & plug everything back in one by one. If this does not rectify the problems please contact our office. NOTE: tenants are responsible for call out fees if the cause is due to an appliance of theirs.

Emergency Repairs

In the event you are unable to contact our office to report an emergency repair, you may contact one of the following tradesmen;

PLUMBER:  Kellyville Plumbing – Sean 0414 870 870

ELECTRICIAN: Phoenix Electrical – 1300 237 426

LOCKSMITH:  Platinum Locksmith – Phillip 0447 447 557

Please be advised the above tradesman will only go ahead with EMERGENCY repairs, all other repairs will need to be put in writing and emailed to

Emergency repairs are considered by NSW Fair Trading as the following;
  • A burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • Blocked or broken toilet
  • A serious roof leak
  • A gas leak
  • A dangerous electrical fault
  • Flooding or serious flood damage (call SES on 132 500)
  • Serious storm or fire damage
  • A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • A failure or breakdown of the hot water service
  • A failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
  • A failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner
  • A fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure